Mastering the Art of Technical Writing
Technical documents are designed to communicate important often complex information to someone who needs to know. That may be a challenge if the audience doesnt share the writers knowledge, experience or training. In addition, if a document is vague, disorganized or wordy, it can easily create confusion. And any lack of clarity or chance of misinterpretation could lead to an undesirable outcome.
This LIVE, virtual workshop provides you with the knowledge and skills to become a better technical writer and to write documents that are clear, easy to understand and interesting to your audience.
By eliminating common mistakes like nonsensical jargon, word clutter and weak organization, youll be able to present technical information directly to your audience with confidence that they will understand. Just as important, this course will help you simplify and streamline the process of writing so you can get the job accomplished with maximum polish and professionalism.
Session 1:Key Concepts of Technical Writing
- Know the 6 steps to writing technical communication thats easily understood
- Learn formatting techniques that make your writing visually easier to read
- Implement graphics to simplify technical information
- Understand how to use the power of persuasion to connect to readers
- Overcome the most common technical writing errors
Session 2:Get Writing Off to a Good Start
- Overcome writers block through freewriting
- Break down topics into smaller parts for maximum impact
- Make readers remember your writing with strong opening and closing paragraphs
- Discover expert tips to make your technical writing easier
- Learn how to logically structure your paragraphs for readability
Session 3:Projecting Credibility and Professionalism
- Simplify your message by eliminating unnecessary words and redundant phrases
- Remove any unintentional bias that may alienate your readers
- Structure your sentences with a focus on the reader
- Discover the credibility-killing errors you must avoid at all costs
Certification / Credits
- Write technical documents that adapt to the audiences needs
- Break complex information down
- Use graphics effectively
- Eliminate common mistakes that cause confusion
- Create easy-to-read documents that present critical information in meaningful ways
- Apply editing and proofreading techniques that help ensure polish and accuracy
SkillPath is a leader in business training with more than 30 years of experience. Our professional training programs prioritize learner engagement — helping theory take root with learners, so it transforms their thinking and becomes day-to-day practice. SkillPath’s courses are...
Contact this provider
Before we redirect you to this supplier's website, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team