Managing Human Resources
Get ready for the most complete course on managing human resources anywhere
As difficult as your day-to-day “hot issues” seem—hysterical employees, late paperwork, cost cutting, etc.—they pale in comparison to your larger responsibilities as a human resources professional.
You’re the key talent management strategist for the organization. You are responsible for keeping up with employment laws and pertinent compliance mandates. Your boss relies on you as a key member of the leadership team … though you’re often forced to be a “bad news” messenger, thanks to ever more complex laws and escalating benefit costs. Plus, you’re responsible for making sure your organization’s supervisors and managers understand organizational policies and procedures … as well as major laws and compliance mandates … and apply them consistently and correctly.
It’s a big, big, big job … and unfortunately, it’s one that often does not earn you the respect and appreciation you deserve because no one else comprehends just how big your job really is.
There’s absolutely no better way to update your knowledge than by attending Managing Human Resources. Enroll today; you’ll gain tons of practical tools, techniques, strategies and guidelines you can use immediately to handle your role with greater confidence and success.
Session 1: The Important Roles of Human Resources
- Learn why HR is vital to every person in the organization.
- Align HR with the organization’s goals.
- Recognize fair, legal hiring practices and the importance of strategic staffing.
- Follow the dos and don’ts of reference checking.
- Develop a total rewards model that aligns with the organization’s business strategies.
- Create a strategic benefits administration plan.
Session 2: Federal Laws, Discrimination and Compliance
- Review employment laws and what they cover: FMLA, HIPAA, ADA, ADEA, EPA, ERISA, FLSA, PDA and more.
- Understand the guidelines for medical certification relating to FMLA.
- Define age discrimination and learn how to guard against it.
- Recognize why one size does NOT fit all regarding reasonable accommodation.
- Learn what you must know about mental illness and the ADA.
- Know your rights and obligations regarding OSHA safety considerations.
Session 1: HRM Tools, Tactics and Business-Focused Strategies
- Learn the steps of addressing and investigating harassment complaints and discrimination claims.
- Approach diversity and inclusion with a business focus to create a more engaged and collaborative work environment.
- Take the lead in protecting the welfare and safety of employees with an emergency contingency plan.
- Understand the high cost of turnover and how to minimize it.
- Establish HR’s role during turbulent times — and their contributions to the bottom line.
- Practice helping managers handle some common mistakes when dealing with special situations.
Session 2: Managing Employee Performance: Supporting Your Organization’s Management Team
- Be conscious of HR’s role in supporting managers and supervisors.
- Create a legal and effective employee appraisal process!
- Replace feedback with “feedforward” to provide ideas and suggestions for the future and help employees achieve a positive, measurable change in behavior.
- Termination 101: Keep it fair, safe and legal.
- Realize the most important rule of winning any litigation — document, document, document.
- Learn best practices for document retention, management and destruction.
PLUS: Additional Helpful HR Guidelines and References
- Avoid legally risky interview questions.
- Follow the legal FMLA and COBRA notification processes.
- Review a breakdown of laws regarding discrimination, safety, privacy, health and more.
- Learn comprehensive requirements for records retention.
- Where do you go from here? Get HR career growth strategies.
Course delivery details
- Program time: 3 hours each day (6 hours total)
Certification / Credits
HRCI and SHRM Certified
- How to handle your job responsibilities with greater ease and confidence
- Where to find the best reference resources for any hiring and firing challenge
- How to quickly grasp the legal ramifications behind your HR decisions
- What other successful companies are doing in the employee relations arena … and what that means to your efforts
- How to counsel managers and department heads in handling minor HR problems and concerns
SkillPath is a leader in business training with more than 30 years of experience. Our professional training programs prioritize learner engagement — helping theory take root with learners, so it transforms their thinking and becomes day-to-day practice. SkillPath’s courses are...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...