Management & Leadership Skills for First-Time Supervisors & Managers
This intensive two-day leadership management training seminar event is a highly interactive workshop designed for new supervisors who want to grow their management skills fast—and get on the fast track to achieving leadership success. This comprehensive leadership training seminar will cover the proven management techniques and powerful strategies you need to become a stronger, more confident and respected leader.
You’ll learn how to handle dozens of key management challenges with ease, including how to establish credibility and authority fast, how to motivate employees to give 110%, how to handle attitude problems and rule-breakers, how to curb absenteeism and tardiness, how to give constructive feedback and how to conduct effective performance appraisals in this leadership management training seminar.
As a workshop bonus, you’ll receive self-assessment tools, handy checklists, the Leadership Style Analysis and numerous other resources that give you insight into how to build on your supervisory strengths.
Why risk your career by stumbling along, learning management skills by trial and error when you can get up to speed fast on essential management techniques and strategies? The management skills and knowledge you need to succeed are only a two-day leadership management training seminar away!
Session 1: Leadership Fundamentals and Issues All New Managers Face
- Crucial differences between being the leader and being the “boss”
- The challenges facing leadership today
- How to acquire a supervisor’s mindset and image
- Tips for avoiding the problems that come from supervising friends and former co-workers
- The most common mistakes even seasoned supervisors make and how to avoid them
- How to build on the leadership strengths you've identified and shore up your weaknesses
Session 2: Communication Techniques Every Manager Should Know
- Tips for turning chronic complainers into satisfied employees
- Tools for combating a variety of attitude problems
- The best approach for dealing with argumentative and combative people
- The secret to giving crystal clear directions that are understood the first time
- Active listening techniques that ensure you’ll hear what’s really being said
- Proven techniques for appearing calm and in control when you're feeling anything but
- Pointers for speaking more powerfully and confidently in meetings
Session 1: Managing Your Time, Priorities and Projects
- Tips for saving tons of time using email, text and voice mail
- Prioritizing techniques that save the day when everything on your desk is “urgent”
- Why failing to delegate is a big, big mistake for managers
- A super time- and effort-saver: Learn how to say “no” in a professional manner
- Guidelines for tracking projects so nothing falls through the cracks
Session 2: Building a Highly Motivated, High-Performance Team
- Giving feedback and boosting the morale of your team — whether on-site or virtual
- How to ignite enthusiasm and gain buy-in for accomplishing goals
- Recognizing the crucial role you play in driving your team’s effectiveness
- Proven morale-boosters for employees nearing burnout
- Keys to gaining enthusiasm and buy-in for accomplishing goals
- Understanding the stages of team development
- Helping new employees hit the ground running and succeed in their new role
- Creative ideas for supervising and motivating remote employees
- How to project confidence that inspires your team during times of change or transition
- Turning around difficult employees and eliminating problem behaviors
Course delivery details
- Program time: 3 hours each day (6 hours total)
Certification / Credits
HRCI and SHRM Certified
- Leadership issues all new managers face—and how to overcome them
- How to find and develop your personal leadership style
- Your role in team performance and how to maximize it
- How to communicate like a pro
- Dos and don’ts when going from peer to supervisor
- How to delegate effectively to get more done
SkillPath is a leader in business training with more than 30 years of experience. Our professional training programs prioritize learner engagement — helping theory take root with learners, so it transforms their thinking and becomes day-to-day practice. SkillPath’s courses are...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...