How to Write Effective Policies and Procedures
Well-written policies and procedures provide direction to employees, clarify expectations about the way your business runs, help avoid inconsistencies and protect your company from possible legal action or fraud. Are you prepared to take on the important task of writing clear, easy-to-read policies that are not likely to be misinterpreted?
This LIVE, virtual course provides you with all the training you need to write effective policies and procedures. Employees at every level are asked to follow these guidelines, so it’s essential for you to understand the reasons for writing policies…how to convey the information in a sincere, straightforward manner…and the most diplomatic and direct methods for introducing and enforcing them.
Register today and learn the steps, strategies and best practices for researching and writing carefully worded instructions that engage your audience and promote compliance. You’ll also gain useful design and organizational tips for policy manuals that are easy-to-understand and user-friendly. Finally, you’ll discuss the principles of policy implementation — including tactics you can use when employees are resistant to change.
Session 1: Making Policies and Procedures Work
- Understand the reasons behind the rules and how they’ll affect employees
- Convey information that clearly communicates policy impact on employees
- Discover best practices for research, the most vital step in the policy-making process
- Apply tips and techniques for communication without misinterpretation
- Overcome personal resistance when writing policies that you disagree with
Session 2: Producing Easy-to-Read Policy Manuals
- Discuss the features of a successful policy manual
- Choose the right words and structure your policies to promote compliance
- Organize policy manuals so they’re logical, easy-to-follow and user-friendly
- Consider how page layout, headings and font size and style impact the reader
- Identify simple design elements you can use for increased readability
Session 3: Implementing Policy Changes
- Establish best practices for notifying employees of new or revised policies
- Describe ways to sell new policies and address possible employee resistance
- Discuss how to announce news you know will be unpopular
- Recognize the danger in not updating old policies and procedures
- Identify a regular review process for revising and updating your manual
Certification / Credits
- Learn how to write clearly, concisely and to avoid misunderstanding
- Demonstrate good procedural writing according to best practices
- Increase readership with design tips and techniques
- Proactively address employee resistance to new policy
- Apply legal considerations to your policies and procedures
SkillPath is a leader in business training with more than 30 years of experience. Our professional training programs prioritize learner engagement — helping theory take root with learners, so it transforms their thinking and becomes day-to-day practice. SkillPath’s courses are...
Contact this provider
Before we redirect you to this supplier's website, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team