Excelling as a Manager or Supervisor
Overcome common challenges faced by new managers as you learn how to work through others to get things done. From delivering feedback to delegating work to managing conflict and more, this LIVE, virtual workshop provides the latest, proven strategies to enhance overall team performance.
Learn how to focus your efforts on the traits and skills that drive excellence — all while managing a new workload and zeroing in on your most precious resource, the individuals on your team. This interactive, instructor-led course will help you to achieve your full potential — not just as a manager or supervisor but as a true leader who commands the respect, commitment and credibility that moves people to action and inspires greatness.
Session 1: Being a Leader vs. Being a Boss
- Define the 6 differences between a leader and a boss to determine how one is more effective than the other.
- Discuss the new day-to-day job responsibilities and skill sets faced during the transition from individual contributor to leader.
- Explain how to utilize the 5-step approach to adaptive leadership to match the right task, employee and leadership development style when assigning work and providing growth opportunities.
Session 2: Mastering Team Communication
- Complete a unique interpersonal style inventory to discover your strengths and challenges.
- Demonstrate how to provide clear and concise communication to a team member.
- Identify how to lead an effective and productive team meeting that saves time, makes objectives clear and keeps everyone on the same page.
Session 3: Team Relationship Management
- Explain how to use a resolution process to solve conflict that arises between leaders and employees.
- Recognize how to mediate conflict between two employees.
Session 4: Team Motivation and Recognition
- Identify the different psychological motivation theories and how they relate to motivators and incentives within today’s organizations.
- Explain the concept of tangible incentives and the effect they have on employee motivation.
- Discuss intangible incentives and how to utilize them to recognize and motivate employees.
Session 5: Performance Management Methods
- Identify how to effectively communicate performance expectations and progress.
- Explain how to create effective SMART goals for both leaders and employees.
- Discuss the importance of professional development plans in helping employees grow their careers.
Certification / Credits
HRCI and SHRM Certified
- Create high-trust relationships that boost employee engagement
- Deliver crystal-clear communication that can’t be misunderstood or ignored
- Build assertiveness that projects confidence and establishes your authority
- Master proven methods of time management, employee motivation, relationship management and conflict resolution
- Develop employees with key performance management tools that maximize productivity, increase commitment and promote long-term success
SkillPath is a leader in business training with more than 30 years of experience. Our professional training programs prioritize learner engagement — helping theory take root with learners, so it transforms their thinking and becomes day-to-day practice. SkillPath’s courses are...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...