Cal/OSHA Workplace Safety OutreachSkillPath
Cal/OSHA Workplace Safety Outreach
All available course dates
Cal/OSHA Workplace Safety Outreach
This information-packed, LIVE, virtual workshop is one of the most widely attended OSHA training programs specifically addressing the rigorous Cal/OSHA guidelines available today. Youll get a comprehensive update on the very latest in OSHAs ever-changing requirements, and youll also find out innovative ways other organizations are successfully using to meet Californias uniquely stringent standards without busting the budget.
Youll gain an understanding of the basics of OSHA record keeping, learn why Cal/OSHAreportingis different than Cal/OSHArecordingand how to avoid the most common OSHA and specific Cal/OSHA violations. In addition, youll find out exactly what you need to do to be prepared for an OSHA site visit so you pass with flying colors.
Our special session on workplace violence offers real insight into reducing the risk of this grave threat to worker safety. Gain peace of mind and establish a safer, OSHA-compliant facility in California using the solid strategies and essential information youll receive in this must-attend update. Enrollments are limited, so register today!
Session 1: Cal/OSHA Compliance From Must-know Basics to the Newest Regulations
- Major differences between federal OSHA and Cal/OSHA you need to understand
- Unscrambling Cal/OSHAs confusing lexicon to define citation, violation, standards, requirements, rules, guidelines and many more
- A review of how Cal/OSHAs penalty system is unique and how it works
- Comprehensive methods for assessing your organizations current level of Cal/OSHA compliance
- Examine the details of the lockout/tagout standard and machine guarding
- Ensure your written program complies with Cal/OSHA Illness and Injury Prevention Program guidelines
- Protect your organization by properly responding to Cal/OSHAs new definitions and procedures related to serious violations
Session 2: Preventing Common Workplace Hazards (and Accidents Waiting to Happen)
- Recognizing how gray areas created by the performance-based nature of Cal/OSHA standards could cost your company a bundle
- How to use proactive tools to customize a safety audit that guarantees results
- A workplace safety hazards checklist no organization should be without
- Conducting a job hazard analysis that can open your eyes to major problems before someone is injured
- How to use job safety analysis to get employees to engage in safety-based behavior
- Specifics of Cal/OSHAs transition of the Hazard Communication (HAZCOM) standard to the safety data sheet and labelling requirements of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS)
Session 3: Effectively Training Managers and Employees on Safety and OSHA Regulations
- Understanding exactly who must be trained and how often to meet Cal/OSHA standards
- OSHAs Illness and Injury Prevention Program and Training Guidelines: Are they right for your organization?
- Top reasons why safety training programs often fail to produce desired levels of improvement in safety
- Essential components a safety training and records retention program must contain to be effective
- Strategies for gaining employee and management buy-in for safety training
- Training tips for motivating reluctant learners who would rather endure a dental drill than safety training
Session 4: Complying With OSHAs Record-keeping Requirements Why Cal/OSHA Reporting Is Different Than Cal/OSHA Recording
- OSHA requirements on retention, maintenance and location of records
- Details of the 300 Log and Forms 301 and 300A
- Step-by-step guidelines for reporting a work injury in accordance with Cal/OSHA
- Valuable time-saving tips for reducing the number of hours it takes to keep and maintain OSHA records
- How many people in your organization should be trained in OSHA record keeping?
- Using your records to spot hazards and track accident trends and significantly improve safety levels
Session 5: Red Alert! How to Be Prepared for an OSHA Site Visit
- Is your organization among those most likely to be inspected? Find out!
- What to do and when to do it if your organization receives a Form 1BY from Cal/OSHA notifying you of a serious violation
- Valuable checklists that help you spot trouble and avoid horrendous fines before an inspector shows up
- Walking through the inspection process so youll know what to expect
- How to contest an OSHA citation and is it worth it?
Session 6: Workplace Violence: How to Keep Your Organization Safe From Danger
- Is your organization among those most at risk for workplace violence? Find out!
- Understanding the various types of workplace violence and who commits such acts
- Recognizing danger zones where acts of workplace violence most typically occur
- Danger prevention measures that could save lives
- How to conduct a security audit to view your site through the eyes of a would-be intruder
- Strategies for controlling visitor access to your facility without creating an unfriendly image
- Basic safety practices that security experts recommend
- After-hours policies that keep your facility safe for remaining workers
- Warning signs that an employee may be capable of violence and what you should do about it
- Steps to take if a visitor to your facility appears unstable or dangerous
- Proven techniques for keeping unauthorized people from slipping past the front desk
- Tips for de-escalating a potentially explosive situation when tensions rise
- Emergency response procedures all employees should know by heart
Contact the provider for more information on pricing.
Certification / Credits
HRCI and SHRM Certified
- New rules and changes in Cal/OSHA compliance
- How to effectively train managers and employees on safety essentials
- New tips for using proactive safety-audit tools
- Smart steps to take to keep accidents from happening
- Plus a special section on understanding and preventing workplace violence
SkillPath is a leader in business training with more than 30 years of experience. Our professional training programs prioritize learner engagement — helping theory take root with learners, so it transforms their thinking and becomes day-to-day practice. SkillPath’s courses are...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...