Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
FSPCA Preventive Controls for Animal Food Training - Webinar and Classroom Course
Developed by the FSPCA, this 20-hour course is the standardized curriculum as recognized by the FDA. Participating in and completing this course is one way to meet the requirements for becoming a preventative controls qualified individual. This course is led by an FSPCA lead instructor.
Participants will receive a course manual and will study all of the FSPCA slides. In order to successfully complete the course, learners will need to attend the course fully and actively participant in class discussions, group workshop exercises, individual learning activities and information sessions.
Online participants will need a computer with internet and a telephone connection in order to participate in the program. The course is delivered live over the internet by an expert, which means that anyone at any location can gain this knowledge.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for those seeking a way to demonstrate that they have met the training requirements for PCQI under the rule. Anyone who prepares the food safety plan, validates preventive controls, reviews records, performs reanalysis of the Food Safety Plan, and other activities as appropriate to animal food. Relevant roles include:
- Directors/VPs Food Safety
- Maintenance Managers
- Production Supervisors
- Production Leads
- Sanitation Supervisors
- Plant Managers
- Quality Assurance Coordinators and Managers
- Safety Managers, Training Supervisors
- Lead Technicians
- Packaging Supervisors and Managers
- Regulatory Personnel
Prerequisites: Prior knowledge of GMP’s and HACCP and/or experience with Animal Food Safety Management Systems is recommended
Course content includes:
- Regulation Overview – cGMP, Hazard Analysis, Risk Based Preventive Controls
- Food Safety Plan Overview
- Good Manufacturing Practices and Other PRPs
- Biological Food Safety Hazards
- Chemical, Physical and Economically Motivated Food Safety Hazards
- Preliminary Steps in Developing a Food Safety Plan
- Resources for Food Safety Plans
- Hazard Analysis and Preventive Controls Determination
- Process Preventive Controls
- Food Allergen Preventive Controls
- Sanitation Preventive Controls
- Supply-chain Preventive Controls
- Verification and Validation Procedures
- Record Keeping Procedures
- Recall plan
- FSPCA Regulation overview
Degree and diploma etc.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an official FSPCA PCQI certificate issued by the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO).
The cost of this 20-hour SGS Academy course is $850
The impact of training is entirely dependent on its quality. High quality training ensures that you and your organization are up-to-date with the latest industry practices, technical standards, and legal and regulatory obligations. However, training companies are not created equally,...