Writing Reports with Report Designer and SSRS 2014 Level 1 (MS-55204)
About this Course:
This beginner level course defines the essential aspects of a Report Designer. Report Designer presents a set of graphical query and design tools that are incorporated within the Microsoft Visual Studio environment.
A Report Designer will deliver a Report Data pane for data organization in the report, and tab views for design and preview purposes in order to help you design a report in an interactive manner. A Report Designer will also educate query designers on how to specify data to extract from data sources and the Expression dialog which will specify the report data to be utilized in the report layout.
In this Microsoft Training based course, students learn about the basics of report writing with Microsoft® SQL Server® Report Designer and SSRS. The primary emphasis will revolve around the report writing by associating to a database and manipulating the data for presentation such as developing table and matrix reports, formatting reports, grouping report data, developing simple and complex expressions, presenting aggregated data, arranging and filtering data, charting data, and preparing reports for printing and exporting purpose. Report Designer is compatible for all supported versions of Microsoft® SQL Server®.
A professional Business Analyst earns an average salary of $94,881 per year.
Who should attend?
This course is primarily designed for:
- People who are fresh to the process of reporting with Microsoft® SQL Server® Report Designer and SSRS.
- People who moving from another reporting software application
- People who currently are Report Designers and SSRS report authors
- People who are using a Report Builder (SSRS)
- Business analysts, programmer analysts, data analysts, database administrators, or related IT personnel who may or may not have a sound information and experience with Microsoft® SQL Server® Report Designer and SSRS, Visual Basic programming, and/or Transact-Structured Query Language (T-SQL) experience
Prior to pursuing this course, students must know:
- The basic functionality of Windows
- How to create and navigate folders
- How to open programs
- How to manipulate windows
- How to copy and paste objects
- How to format text
- How to save files
Recommended prerequisite course:
Microsoft Office 2016 Access Introduction- Level 1 (091405) (Access2016-L1)
After the course completion, students should be able to:
- Understand the Report Designer environment
- Develop table reports
- Format reports
- Make simple and complex expressions
- Group report data
- Develop matrix reports
- Arrange and filter report data
- Summarize data with charts
- Print and export reports
Why choose QuickStart?
98% increased workplace productivity
94% instructor and course effectiveness
Partnered with vendors including Microsoft, Cisco, and Citrix
Contact this provider
Meet your career goals with QuickStart!
QuickStart exists to create world-class technologists by personalizing and individualizing training to address the massive skills gap in the IT industry. Through 20 years of research and data analysis, we’ve learned that a modern learner prefers to learn through multiple...