Windows Server 2016 First Look Clinic - MOC On Demand (MS-40389)
About this course:
Learn about installing and configuring Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in this official Microsoft On Demand course. This course is part of a three-part series that gives you the expertise to build a basic infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment with Windows Server 2012. The three courses together cover the areas of building, managing, maintaining, and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. While covering multiple cross-curricular capabilities and tasks in the series, this course focuses on the initial set-up and configuration of core services such as Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Printer Services, and Hyper-V. This course leads directly to the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Examen 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 and provides the best way to prepare for it. The 410 exam is the first of three exams required for the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certificate. The labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
The average salary for IT Professional is $97,895 per year.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This course was developed for IT professionals who already have some experience working with Windows operating systems and who would like to have the necessary know-how for installing and configuring a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 in an existing Windows Server environment. Typical candidates for this course:
- Windows Server administrators who have little background in Windows server administration and relevant technologies and who want to learn more about Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- IT professionals who are already familiar with other Microsoft technologies and who wish to continue their education in the field of Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- IT Professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Examen 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.
- For IT professionals looking to take Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in the areas of Datacenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration, and Communication, this course is particularly suited to prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams Condition for the MCSE exams are.
While there are no specific prerequisites for attending the course, students will benefit most if they have experience in the following areas:
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 & 2012 R2
- Familiar with AD DS
- Experience configuring storage in an enterprise
- Experience managing an enterprise network
- Experience with virtual machines & clustering
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS.
- Manage Active Directory objects.
- Automate Active Directory administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Implement file and print services.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Implement server virtualization by using Hyper-V
Why choose QuickStart?
98% increased workplace productivity
94% instructor and course effectiveness
Partnered with vendors including Microsoft, Cisco, and Citrix
Contact this provider
Meet your career goals with QuickStart!
QuickStart exists to create world-class technologists by personalizing and individualizing training to address the massive skills gap in the IT industry. Through 20 years of research and data analysis, we’ve learned that a modern learner prefers to learn through multiple...