Windows Server 2016: Advanced Virtualization
About this course
Virtualized environments are the future of computing. This computer science course extends basic virtualization skills into the latest Windows Server 2016 capabilities.
Explore the capabilities of Nano Server as an alternative lightweight OS solution for implementing an agile and cost-effective data center host with a reduced footprint.
Learn to extend the support provided by virtualization for hosting a variety of VMs running different operating systems. And ensure that you can support a highly available virtual environment, using clustering and load balancing technologies.
In addition to having a highly available virtual environment, you need to secure the environment. Explore some of the newest enhancements in Windows Server 2016 to protect your virtualized environment.
This course will also show you how to implement different migration options for moving VMs between Hyper-V hosts.
Through videos, discussions, hands-on labs, and assessments this On-demand course will help you identify and implement the latest Windows Server 2016 virtualization capabilities. Use this course to help you:
- Decide if a career in IT is for you.
- Prepare for an introductory job in Windows Server administration.
- Enhance your existing skills in virtualized environments, such as modern data center and cloud-based systems.
- Study for Microsoft certification tests and badges.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Windows Administrator
- Network Administrator
- System Administrator
- Learners should have a: general understanding of virtualized environments, specifically Hyper-V.
- Good foundation in accessing and using simple Windows PowerShell commands.
- How to implement Nano Server.
- How to configure Hyper-V to run VMs with Linux and FreeBSD operating systems.
- How to configure new virtual switch and virtual networking features.
- How shielded VMs and the Host Guardian fabric protect your virtualized environment.
- How to plan backup and recovery strategies for virtualized environments.
- How to reduce downtime with migration strategies like Quick Migration, Live Migration and Hyper-V Replica.
Why choose QuickStart?
98% increased workplace productivity
94% instructor and course effectiveness
Partnered with vendors including Microsoft, Cisco, and Citrix
Contact this provider
Meet your career goals with QuickStart!
QuickStart exists to create world-class technologists by personalizing and individualizing training to address the massive skills gap in the IT industry. Through 20 years of research and data analysis, we’ve learned that a modern learner prefers to learn through multiple...