Processing Big Data with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight
About this course:
More and more organizations are taking on the challenge of analyzing big data. This course teaches you how to use the Hadoop technologies in Microsoft Azure HDInsight to build batch processing solutions that cleanse and reshape data for analysis. In this five-week course, you’ll learn how to use technologies like Hive, Pig, Oozie, and Sqoop with Hadoop in HDInsight; and how to work with HDInsight clusters from Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX client computers.
NOTE: To complete the hands-on elements in this course, you will require an Azure subscription and a Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X client computer. You can sign up for a free Azure trial subscription (a valid credit card is required for verification, but you will not be charged for Azure services). Note that the free trial is not available in all regions. It is possible to complete the course and earn a certificate without completing the hands-on practices. This course also helps the students in the preparation for the .
The average salary for Big Data Analyst is $135,000 per year.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This course is intended for
- Big Data Professionals
- Computer Programmers
- Familiarity with database concepts and basic SQL query syntax
- Familiarity with programming fundamentals
- A willingness to learn actively and persevere
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Provision an HDInsight cluster.
- Connect to an HDInsight cluster, upload data, and run MapReduce jobs.
- Use Hive to store and process data.
- Use custom Python user-defined functions from Hive and Pig.
- Define and run workflows for data processing using Oozie.
- Transfer data between HDInsight and databases using Sqoop.
Why choose QuickStart?
98% increased workplace productivity
94% instructor and course effectiveness
Partnered with vendors including Microsoft, Cisco, and Citrix
Contact this provider
Meet your career goals with QuickStart!
QuickStart exists to create world-class technologists by personalizing and individualizing training to address the massive skills gap in the IT industry. Through 20 years of research and data analysis, we’ve learned that a modern learner prefers to learn through multiple...