Planning and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - MOC On Demand (MS-10748)
About this course:
Get detailed instruction and hands-on practice planning and deploying Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager and its associated site systems. This Microsoft Official course is designed for IT Professionals who are responsible for designing and deploying one or more System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager sites and all supporting systems, as well as configuring and managing endpoints in those systems. You will learn how to plan for the deployment of the central administration site, one or more primary sites and secondary sites, and all associated site systems. You will also learn how to migrate from System Center 2012 Configuration Manager to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
This course also helps candidates prepare for Exam 70-243, MCTS: Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. Both Configuration Manager courses, 10747D and 10748C, or the equivalent knowledge and skills will be necessary to prepare for the exam.
NOTE: Windows Intune is used as part of the lab for this course, which may not be available in all countries. Please confirm with your Microsoft training provider that this cloud service is available in your area. Training Providers: please reference the course setup guide for more details.
The average salary for a System Center Configuration Manager is $95,244 per year.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This course is intended for:
- Information Technology (IT) professionals who are responsible for designing and deploying one or more System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager sites and all supporting systems. They should have three to five years of experience in medium to large enterprise organizations, in a role in which they are supporting multiple desktop and server computers that run Windows®-based operating systems.
Before attending this course, students must have a working knowledge at the system-administrator level of:
- Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS) principles and management
- Windows Server management including managing Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012
- Windows Client fundamentals
- Deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers
- Basic public key infrastructure (PKI) concepts
- Configuration Manager features and administrative tasks including:
- Working with the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager or newer administrator console
- Installing clients
- Maintaining hardware and software inventory
- Working with collections
- Deploying applications
- Managing software updates
- Deploying operating systems
- Settings management
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager infrastructure.
- Plan and deploy a stand-alone primary site.
- Plan and configure role-based administration.
- Plan and deploy a multiple site hierarchy.
- Replicate data and manage content in Configuration Manager.
- Plan resource discovery and client deployment.
- Configure Internet and cloud-based client management.
- Maintain and monitor System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Migrate to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
Why choose QuickStart?
98% increased workplace productivity
94% instructor and course effectiveness
Partnered with vendors including Microsoft, Cisco, and Citrix
Contact this provider
Meet your career goals with QuickStart!
QuickStart exists to create world-class technologists by personalizing and individualizing training to address the massive skills gap in the IT industry. Through 20 years of research and data analysis, we’ve learned that a modern learner prefers to learn through multiple...