From 0 to 1: Learn Java Programming - Live Free, Learn To Code
About this course:
This course will use Java and an Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Never fear, we have a detailed video on how to get this downloaded and set up.Hundreds of lines of source code, and hundreds of lines of comments - just download and open in your IDE! This is a Java course for everyone. Whether you are a complete beginner (a liberal arts major, an accountant, doctor, lawyer) or an engineer with some programming experience but looking to learn Java - this course is right for you.The course is accessible because it assumes absolutely no programming knowledge, and quickly builds up using first principles aloneEven so, this is a serious Java programming class - the gradient is quite steep, and you will go from absolute beginner to an early intermediate level. The course is also quirky. The examples are irreverent. Lots of little touches: repetition, zooming out so we remember the big picture, active learning with plenty of quizzes. There’s also a peppy soundtrack, and art - all shown by studies to improve cognition and recall.
The average salary for a Java developer is $69,722 per year.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Folks with zero programming experience - liberal arts majors, doctors, accountants, lawyers. Engineering students from non-CS majors looking to learn fairly serious programming. Computer Science students or software engineers with no experience in Java, but experience in Python, C++ or even C#. You might need to skip over some bits, but in general the class will still have new learning to offer you.
No prior programming experience needed.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Write Java programs of moderate complexity and sophistication (at an early to middling intermediate level).
- Manage concurrency and threading issues in a multi-threaded environment.
- Use Reflection, Annotations, Lambda functions and other modern Java language features.
- Understand the Model-View-Controller paradigm, the Observer and Command Design patterns that are at the heart of modern UI programming.
- Understand the nuances of Java specific constructs in serialisation, exception-handling, cloning, the immutability of strings, primitive and object reference types.
- Understand Object-Oriented programming concepts at the level where you can have intelligent design conversations with an experienced software engineer.
- Create and modify files (including Excel spreadsheets) and download content from the internet using Java.
- Build serious UI applications in Swing.
- Gain a superficial understanding of JavaFX and Properties and Bindings.
Why choose QuickStart?
98% increased workplace productivity
94% instructor and course effectiveness
Partnered with vendors including Microsoft, Cisco, and Citrix
Contact this provider
Meet your career goals with QuickStart!
QuickStart exists to create world-class technologists by personalizing and individualizing training to address the massive skills gap in the IT industry. Through 20 years of research and data analysis, we’ve learned that a modern learner prefers to learn through multiple...