From 0 to 1: JavaFX and Swing for Awesome Java UIs
About this course:
- Hundreds of lines of source code with hundreds of lines of code - just download and open in your IDE
A definitive guide to JavaFX, and a comprehensive guide to Swing are packed into this intensely practical, quirky guide to building awesome UIs in Java
Let’s parse that.
- This course is a definitive guide to JavaFX: every important part of the framework is covered in great detail, with sophisticated examples and context
- The course is a comprehensive guide to Swing: you will be able to build sophisticated, clean Swing apps, and employ every important technique.
- The course is intensely practical, packed with dozens of examples and hundreds of lines of included source code.
- The course is also quirky. The examples are irreverent. Lots of little touches: repetition, zooming out so we remember the big picture, active learning with plenty of quizzes. There’s also a peppy soundtrack, and art - all shown by studies to improve cognition and recall.
The average salary for a Java Developer skills is $69,722 per year.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Yep! UI engineers looking for a definitive resource on JavaFX, the future of Java UI programming
- Yep! UI engineers looking for a comprehensive first-principles guide to Swing, the most popular UI programming framework right now
- Yep! Back-end engineers seeking a one-stop-shop course for building awesome front-ends
- Nope! This course is not right for you if you are looking for a Programming 101 course. You should have a good grasp of programming, ideally in Java, to benefit from this course
- Nope! This course is probably not right for you if you are a product manager or tech investor - this course is pretty much exclusively focused on the how, not the what
- Basic understanding of Java
- Programming expertise at the level of a Programming 101 Class, preferably in Java.
- Swing: Framework basics; JFrames, JPanels and JComponents; Menus and menu handling; Trees and their nuances; File choosers, buttons, browser controls
- Design: The MVC Paradigm, Observer and Command Design Patterns; Dependency Injection via FXML
Programming Drills (code-alongs, with source code included)
- A News Curation app to summarise newspaper articles into a concise email snippet
- Animated GIF generation, using Java Image libraries as well multi-threading support
- A fully fledged Media Player to play MP3 and MP4 files; complex wiring up of UI elements to make sure the little details (volume control, position sliders) work right
- 2D Animations to rival those available in Powerpoint and other presentation software
- 3D Animations including moving cameras, rotation and transition of 3D shapes
- Bubble Charts and Tables to represent revenue, market valuation and growth of a set of companies - a business app as good as Excel
- SceneBuilder and FXML support, so that design and implementation can be divvied up between designers and software engineers
Why choose QuickStart?
98% increased workplace productivity
94% instructor and course effectiveness
Partnered with vendors including Microsoft, Cisco, and Citrix
Contact this provider
Meet your career goals with QuickStart!
QuickStart exists to create world-class technologists by personalizing and individualizing training to address the massive skills gap in the IT industry. Through 20 years of research and data analysis, we’ve learned that a modern learner prefers to learn through multiple...