Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Quality 101 Foundational Concepts
This class is designed to spark a fire for the love of Quality through an introduction of what quality is and its benefits. This class explores the main areas of Quality – foundational concepts and vocabulary, basic tools and methods, and tools that can be applied on the job immediately.
This program provides a fundamental and practical overview of quality – the evolution of quality systems and their applications. Problem solving tools and root cause analysis, along with statistics are discussed. Reference the complete Course
- Definition of Quality
- Why quality is important to employees, the organization and customers
- Benefits of quality and the concept of cost of quality
- Key concepts of total quality management and process improvement
- Seven commonly used quality tools and how they are used in problem solving
- Understanding of common quality roles
- Introduction to common QMS Standards (ISO 9001, etc.)
- The root cause analysis process
- The role of statistics in decision making and DOE
- A brief history of quality and some noted influences
Who should attend?
Engineers, Managers, Executives, Supervisors, or Practitioners that are new to quality, seeking an overview or a starting place to launch their Quality journey.
- Defining Quality
- Customer Satisfaction
- Cost/Benefits of Quality
- Quality Systems
- Quality Management
- Standards Overview
- Concept of Organizational Excellence
- Review of Quality in Service
- Process diagram
- Statistical decision making
- Evolution of Quality and Gurus
- Continual Improvement Code Words
- (benchmarking, JIT, Six Sigma, TQM, Zero Defects, ISO9001, Kaizen, Lean, Cpk)
- DOE Intro
- 7 TQM tools
- Root Cause & CAPA
- AIAG core pack
- (FMEA, SPC, PPAP, MSA, APQP)
As trainers, we have trained thousands of individuals across dozens of technical subjects – from GD&T and Print Reading to ISO Lead Auditing. Our trainers are experts in their respective fields, leveraging the latest information and industry-standards to support your...
Find out more about this Quality 101 Foundational Concepts - In-house course by simply filling out your details:
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team