Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) - Basics
This course will help to equip you for a rewarding and challenging position in the quality field.
This program covers everything from the program interface, probe selection and qualification to programming. Also included is measuring common features such as planes, lines, points cylinders, etc. Alignments and constructing common features such as bolt circles and intersections are covered in detail as well as simple dimensioning and GD&T.
A greater benefit of this CMM class is the option to have your current programs edited and used in production! Depending on the experience of the participants, patterns, loops, curves and scanning (as well as other advanced topics) may be included.
Our instructors are well-versed in PC-DMIS, Calypso, MCOSMOS, Measure X and MeasureMind. Whether you’ve got a FARO, Zeiss, Brown & Sharpe, Mitutoyo or OGP application, QC Training Services can improve your CMM performance.
Who should attend?
Inspection personnel, Engineering personnel, Production personnel, Entry level inspectors, and those who would like to enter into the field of dimensional measurement and CMM programming.
- CMM Overview
- Care and maintenance
- Program interface
- Probe selection and qualification
- Planning for a program layout
- Making a basic program with manual probing
- Measuring common features: planes, lines, points, cylinders, circles, spheres, cones
- Constructing common features: intersections, bolt circles, etc.
- Creating dimensions: distance, diameter, true position, flatness, etc.
- Managing probe travel with clearance points or clearance planes
- Editing programs
- Generating a printout of results
As trainers, we have trained thousands of individuals across dozens of technical subjects – from GD&T and Print Reading to ISO Lead Auditing. Our trainers are experts in their respective fields, leveraging the latest information and industry-standards to support your...