Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Blueprint Reading for Industry
This course is a practical, application-based program that is based on current ANSI standards and includes input from a broad cross-section of industries.
This basic print reading program explains the importance of engineering drawings in manufacturing and thoroughly describes the generation and duplication of such drawings. It discusses the basic elements of a blueprint and introduces the concepts which students must master to successfully interpret engineering drawings. No prior knowledge of drafting or drawing is assumed. This blueprint reading training covers the principles of shop sketching, basic review of shop mathematics, and use of common measuring tools. Reference the complete Course Description and Agenda for additional details.
Who should attend?
Production and inspection personnel, supervisors, group leaders, estimators, purchasing, and set-up personnel; anyone who would like to read engineering drawings.
- DRAFTING AND PRINT READING PROCEDURES
- Prints: The Language of Industry
- Reading a Steel Rule Applied Mathematics Measuring Tools
- The Alphabet of Lines
- Basic Technical Sketching, Lettering, and Dimensioning
- FUNDAMENTALS OF SHAPE DESCRIPTION
- Geometric Construction
- Multi-view Drawings
- Auxiliary Views
- Section Views
- Threads and Fasteners
- FUNDAMENTALS OF SIZE DESCRIPTION
- Machining Specifications and Surface Quality
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- INDUSTRIAL DRAWING TYPES
- Detail Drawings
- Assembly Drawings
- Pictorial Drawings
- THE TITLE BLOCK
- The Title Block
- List of Materials
- Drawing Notes
- Drawing Revision Systems
- SPECIALIZED PARTS AND PRINTS
- Cam Prints & Diagrams
- Reading Numerical Control Documents
- Plastic Parts
- Precision Sheet Metals
- Welding Prints
- Instrumentation and Control Drawings
As trainers, we have trained thousands of individuals across dozens of technical subjects – from GD&T and Print Reading to ISO Lead Auditing. Our trainers are experts in their respective fields, leveraging the latest information and industry-standards to support your...