Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Introduction to Rust Programming for DevelopersProTech Professional Technical Services
Topics covered include:
- Why Rust? Design goals of Rust – fast, efficient and safe systems programming.
- The Cargo build system and LLVM back-ends.
- Zero-cost abstractions and the compilation cycle.
- Data types, variables, pointers, slices and references.
- Ownership, mutability, references and borrowing.
- Rust flow of control constructs.
- Rust function basics.
- Defining and using structs.
- Enums and pattern matching.
- Collections – vectors, strings and hash maps.
- Recoverable errors and unrecoverable panics.
- Generic data types and shared behaviour with Traits.
- Validating references with Lifetimes.
- Writing, organizing and running tests in Rust.
- Functional programming in Rust.
- Smart pointers and Boxes.
- Concurrency in Rust – threads, messages and shared resources.
- Pattern matching in Rust.
- Unsafe Rust.
- Using Cargo and crates.
Who should attend?
Before taking this course, an intermediate level of skill in and a solid knowledge of a high level programming language like Java, Python or C is essential. Students who do not have this prerequisite may struggle with the content and pace of the course.
ProTech Professional Technical Services
ProTech Professional Technical Services offers training in a wide variety of subjects from IT to Project Management. Our delivery options are flexible to accommodate your busy schedule. Take a class at one of our training centers or attend one of our virtual...
Find out more about this Introduction to Rust Programming for Developers course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team