Program and Portfolio Management Certification (PPMC)® Advanced Certification
Join PMO pioneer and program and portfolio management thought leader Bill Stewart as he provides you with advanced skills, tools, and techniques for successfully initiating and executing programs and portfolios of any size and complexity. You will plan a program to transform your organization to successfully support project, program and portfolio management. You will learn how to link projects and program to strategic initiatives, prioritize them, establish and facilitate governance committees, balance portfolios, monitor interfaces between projects, programs and portfolios, manage resource capacity, develop heat map and establish and manage a stage gating process. You will learn practical and proven techniques for communicating with and managing sponsors, executives and steering committees and as a program manager, develop and lead a team of disciplined and talented project managers. You will leave this training with a comprehensive set of program and portfolio management templates and tools, a portfolio prioritization tool, tips and techniques that you can immediately apply when you return to your organization.
Key topics presented during the PPMC® 4 day training and certification program include:
- Conducting successful business transformations toproject, program and portfolio management excellence
- Successfully implementing PMOs thattransform corporations to a culture of strategic execution excellence.
- Identifying and linking projects and programs to strategic initiatives
- Developing, measuring and balancing strategic portfolios
- Implementing and using project and program prioritization
- Implementing and using effective resource capacity planning
- Implementing and using stage gating
- Creating effective dashboards
- Building and managing governance boards
- Creating business cases
- Initiating and planning programs
- Conducting effective benefits realization tracking
- Developing the program work breakdown structure and conducting bottom up estimating
- Developing and leading project managers
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative risk management
- Executive relationship management
- Managing vendors and contractors
- Identifying and managing program interfaces and interdependencies
- Developing integrated program schedules
- Implementing a benefits realization program
- Developing and using effective dashboard reporting
- Identifying projects in trouble and techniques for recovery
- Program and Project scope change management
- Capturing and reusing project and program history
PPMC graduates demonstrate the skills, knowledge and discipline to successfully transform their organizations to strategic execution excellence. Many of our graduates are now C Level executives, applying PPMC techniques to transforming their own corporations.
Contact this provider
Project Management Leadership Group
PMLG delivers exciting, experiential and immersion-based project, program and portfolio leadership training worldwide using a team of instructors that each possess over 25 years of practical and successful leadership experience across a number of industries. Our courses not only deliver knowledge,...