Security and Risk Management
This course covers the role of governance and risk management in information security. It looks at the policies and standards that are needed to operate an effective information security function and to oversee good information security practices. The course also includes a look at how modern organizations manage information security risks and how to conduct a risk analysis. It concludes by examining the process for providing information security training and education. This course requires some basic understanding of IT concepts.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Discuss the concept of security governance and understand the job of overseeing data security
- Describe the role of policy and procedure documents in information security
- Understand the key principles and terminology of information security governance and risk management
- Discuss different management practices for overseeing an effective information security function
- Identify common information security risks and threats
- Describe the process for conducting a risk assessment
- Understand the data classification process and properly classify data according to security needs
- Explain the process for providing information security training and education
Course delivery details
Course Access Time: 90 days
Certification / Credits
Credits: 5 CEUs / 5 PDUs / 5 HRCIs / 5 SHRMs
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...