Network Security Scenarios
This course examines communications and network security. It covers the different types of networks and different transmission technologies and the two main models that govern how networks work, the OSI model and the TCP/IP model, and their related layers. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios that will help you apply what you've learned to situations you may encounter in the real world. This course requires a basic understanding of IT concepts.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Discuss the general concepts that enable networking and its role in information technology
- Compare the different types of networks, including LANs, WANs, and MANs, as well as the Internet, intranets, and extranets
- Explain what the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Reference Model is and identify its seven layers
- Contrast the OSI model with the TCP/IP Model
- Identify common protocols and differentiate among network, routing, and data link protocols
- Describe the functions of common networking devices, including bridges, routers, hubs, repeaters, switches, and firewalls
- Discuss how wireless networks work and the technology that enables them
- Identify common network attacks and how they can be prevented
- Analyze a real-world scenario and make appropriate recommendations to address and improve network security
Course delivery details
Course Access Time: 90 days
Certification / Credits
Credits: 0.5 CEUs / 5 PDUs / 5 HRCIs / 5 SHRMs
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...