Storytelling and the use of narrative case studies can be a highly effective way to teach. Often, we learn best by doing, and in the context of online learning, "doing" often means utilizing case study and role-playing methods. This course introduces the major techniques and strategies for integrating narrative learning into an educational curriculum. It presents different types of narrative learning and identifies the best means to utilize each. Finally, it explores the efficacy of narrative learning and how it can be applied to online design and instruction.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Define narrative learning and summarize its core principles
- Identify various types of narrative activities and compare their applications
- Outline the stages of the narrative arc, specifying the purpose of each stage in terms of a story and a narrative activity
- Discuss best practices for narrative learning
- Design a scenario, case study, and simulation
- Interpret the literature surrounding the efficacy of narrative learning
- Critique poorly constructed narrative activities
Course delivery details
Course Access Time: 90 days
Certification / Credits
Credits: 0.5 CEUs / 5 HRCIs / 5 SHRMs
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...