Managing Teams With Servant Leadership
The objective of this course is to first understand what truly motivates the average team member and then justify and demonstrate the application of servant leadership principles . Servant Leadership is an ethical perspective toward leadership that was originally developed by Robert K. Greenleaf during the 1960's and 1970's and further defined by Larry Spears in 1998. It is a set of practices that enrich the lives of individuals, builds better organizations and ultimately creates a more just and caring world. Discussion will include the "Seven (7) Pillars of Servant Leadership " as published by James W. Sipe and Don M. Frick while incorporating Spears' ten (10) characteristics that all leaders must aspire to obtain: listening, empathy, healing, awareness, persuasion , conceptualism, foresight, stewardship, commitment to the growth of people, and the building of community.
This unique leadership perspective considers the needs of the whole community, customers, and employees while incorporating the corporate strategy and culture. Each student will leave with a list of lessons learned and some actions to create a truly satisfying and productive project environment.
Upcoming start dates
21 December, 2023
- Virtual Classroom
- Traditional Theories of Motivation
- MIT Federal Reserve Board Study
- Attitude Study by Project Management Experts (PME)
- Case Studies/Exercises
Certification / Credits
- Understand what truly motivates the average team member.
- Use this understanding to demonstrate and apply servant leadership principles . Discuss the Seven (7) Pillars of Servant Leadership " as published by James W. Sipe and Don Frick while incorporating the ten (10) characteristics that all leaders must aspire to obtain: listening, empathy, healing, awareness,persuasion, conceptualism, foresight, stewardship, commitment to the growth of people, and the building of community.
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Average rating 5
Joe is a really great instructor. He really engages with the class. Has a great amount of breakout sessions and hands-on activities which is really helpful. He also uses example...
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...
Top 10 Awards