Managing in a Modern Organization
If you're a manager and have not had any management coursework or experience, you may be looking for some foundation in management basics. This course considers the fundamentals of management and how managers can be effective in organizational settings. Starting by defining the role of a manager and how management differs from leadership and administration, the course then discusses management styles and seeks to help you identify your own management style.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Define the role of management and managers in an organization
- Distinguish between management, leadership, and administration in theory and in practice
- Explain the three general management styles (authoritarian, participative, and empowerment) and their respective uses
- Identify your views on hierarchy and management
- Understand the roles of individual contributors and managers and how they differ
- Identify your own approach toward managing (including personal effectiveness and enjoyment)
Course delivery details
Course Access Time: 90 days
Certification / Credits
Credits: 0.5 CEUs / 5 PDUs / 5 HRCIs / 5 SHRMs
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...