Leading the Courtney Museum Simulation
Whether you have years of experience in the nonprofit sector, or you're considering a possible career shift, this simulation is designed to challenge and engage participants while exploring key real-world leadership issues confronted by nonprofit managers. The learner assumes the role of executive director of the troubled Courtney Museum, and deals with a series of personnel, marketing, financial, and board and community relations issues. As the learner makes tough decisions, an adaptive scoreboard reflects the impact of those choices on the museum's prospects. Video commentary from experienced nonprofit leaders provides qualitative context and explores the consequences of choosing different paths for reviving the museum.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Make executive decisions that align with organizational policies and nonprofit best practices
- Balance competing interests, such as board input, public relations, community engagement, and financial needs
- Recognize the board-director relationship and board governance issues
- Navigate controversial decisions that may impact public relations
- Analyze financial data and make informed decisions
- Examine and appropriately target different market segments
- Compare and contrast different marketing strategies and assess their strengths and weaknesses
- Find compromises that meet short- and long-term financial objectives
Course delivery details
Course Access Time: 180 days
Certification / Credits
Credits: 1 CEUs / 10 HRCIs / 10 SHRMs / 10 CFREs
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...