The Comprehensive Project Management SeminarProcept Associates Ltd.
The Comprehensive Project Management Seminar
All available course dates
The Comprehensive Project Management Seminar
Learn the project management body of knowledge in a 6-day comprehensive program paced to appeal to those with experience working in a project management (PM) environment. Instructors for this course bring a PM discipline gained from years of managing projects in rigorous project-driven industries.
This “professional” level course appeals to a broad mix of industries. Participants include engineers, contractors, software developers and manufacturers engaged in technical projects; others are involved in business and financial projects. We facilitate discussions among the participants about their project management challenges and successes.
Once completed, you will return to your workplace qualified to improve your organization’s PM process. Many people who have taken our course have gone on to a high-profile position in their organization.
By the conclusion of this course, you will learn the processes of the benchmark publication A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) Guide published by the Project Management Institute. The course is always consistent with the current PMBOK® Guide.
Many of our participants are interested in preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) or related CAPM® designation. We have been preparing candidates for those exams since 1991, longer than anyone else in Canada. Enrolment includes a free subscription to our PMP Helpline and PMP Intelligence messages.
Who should attend?
The Comprehensive Project Management Seminar is appropriate for individuals who:
- Are being appointed as a Project Manager.
- Work in a project management environment and want to increase their PM knowledge.
- Are preparing for the PMP or CAPM designation.
- Want to enhance their marketability in the project management job market.
3-day Project Management Essentials (or its equivalent), or you already work in a project management environment that manages project scope, cost and time.
Introduction, Context and Integration
- History of PM, PM body of knowledge
- Context within portfolios and programs
- Project life cycles, triple constraint
- Project Charter, Project Management Plan, Integrated Change Control
- Lessons learned
- Exercise: past experiences (success and failure)
- Identify stakeholders, manage and control stakeholder expectations
- Exercises: stakeholder identification and requirements, managing stakeholder expectations
- Scope planning, definition, validation
- Work Breakdown Structures
- Scope changes, scope creep, scope control
- Exercises: Work Breakdown Structure, Scope Creep
- Hierarchy of Schedules
- Logic Networks: PDM, CPM
- Duration Estimating
- Resource Loading and Leveling
- Critical Path Compression
- Schedule Risk Analysis & Contingency
- Schedule Reporting and Control
- Exercises: Post-it Note Schedule Development, Resource Leveling, Crashing
- Cost Estimating
- Contingency Allowance
- Cost Reporting and Control
- Earned Value Management
- Estimates to Complete
- Contingency Allowances and Management
- Exercises: Estimating, Earned Value
- Principles of Quality
- Quality Planning
- Quality Assurance - tools
- Quality Control - tools
- Exercises: Principles, Pareto Diagram, Ishikawa Diagram
- Organizing for Procurement
- Contract Law
- Plan Procurements
- Contract Types, Risk Allocation
- Conduct Procurements - Solicitation & Selection
- Administer Procurements
- Dispute Avoidance & Resolution
- Contract Close-Out
- Exercises: Battle of the Forms, Tendering, Evaluation Criteria, Procurement Plan
- Risk Identification
- Expected Monetary Value
- Decision Trees
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Risk Response Planning
- Exercises: Risk Identification, Risk Mapping, Risk Tolerance, Risk Responses
Human Resource Management
- Organizing for Projects
- Motivation & Leadership
- Power and Influence
- Team Development
- Conflict Resolution
- Exercises: Working in a Matrix, Applying Behavioral Theories, Situational Leadership, Conflict Resolution
- Process of Communication
- Communications Plan
- Progress Reports
- Virtual Teams
- Exercises: Communication Problems, Communications Plan
- Trends in Project Management
- Organizational Maturity
- Application to Types of Project Environment
Certification / Credits
Credits: 42 PDUs/CEU
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Become conversant with the whole breadth of modern project management.
- Increase your own PM “lessons learned” by learning from the PM experiences of others.
- Add techniques to your PM “toolbox,” increasing your value to your organization and in the job marketplace.
- Return to your workplace equipped to improve your organization’s PM process.
- Prepare to take the PMP examination (should you choose).
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...