Testing for the Business AnalystProcept Associates Ltd.
Testing for the Business Analyst
All available course dates
Testing for the Business Analyst
This 2-day course is designed to explain to Business Analysts the need for testing and teach them the concepts required to plan, manage, execute, and evaluate testing outcomes in a software environment. This course is based on the Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® version 2.0.
Who should attend?
The Testing for the Business Analyst is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Pursuing a career in Business Analysis
- Business or Information Systems managers or staff who is new to business analysis.
- Experienced Business Analysts requiring better understanding of the role, or desiring formal recognition through certification.
- Project staff or managers currently combining the Business Analyst role with other duties.
- Business staff or managers who are working in Business Analyst environments, needing to interact with project managers and business analysts.
- Preparing to write the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) and require a refresher on the concepts covered in the BABOK®.
Comprehensive Business Analysis Part 2: Elicitation, Documentation & Analysis
- Purpose of testing
- Real life examples
- Basic terms and definitions
- The Quality Assurance Process
- Configuration Management
- Validation & Verification
- Product Review & Inspection
- Test Categories
- Static vs. Dynamic
- Functional and Non-functional
Testing Types & Timing
- A Project Lifecycle
- A Systems Development Lifecycle
- A Testing Lifecycle and a V Model
- The Project, Systems Development, and Testing Lifecycle Relationships
- Test Phases, Types, Approaches, Categories, Special Cases
- Phases: Unit, Integration, System, User Acceptance
- Approaches: Glass Box / Black Box
- Categories: Functional and Non-functional
- Special Cases: Usability, Regression, Smoke, Acid, Release, Operational Readiness, Service Acceptance
Test Strategy, Planning & Management
- Testing Documentation
- The Test Strategy
- Test Plans
- Use Cases
- Test Cases
- Test Scripts
- Test Tracking
- Maintaining Traceability
- Defect Management
- Test Reporting
- Post Project Reporting
- Strategy feedback
- Lessons Learned
- Development, Testing, Staging, “Production Like”
- QA Manager, Test Lead, Test Designer, Tester, Test System Administrator
- Business Analyst
- Solution Designer, Development Lead, Developer
- Operations Staff
- Client Representative, End User Testers
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Understand the importance of testing to software development and how managing testing well increases the likelihood of project success.
- Learn basic testing terms and the Testing Lifecycle.
- Be able to describe the various testing types, methods and approaches to and describe when to apply each.
- Study the relationships between the Project, Systems Development and Testing Lifecycles.
- Examine the role of the BA in testing and the relationship between BA Knowledge Areas and testing.
- Learn the various testing documents - Test Strategy, Test Plans, Use Cases, and Test Cases.
- Investigate Test and Defect Management.
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...