Governance of Projects - In House
Most organizations have strong corporate governance, but often those governance policies and procedures do not apply to projects or at the very least prove to be a poor fit in matrix organizations. Project governance provides the link between the project manager and the executive management of the organization. All the project management processes in the world cannot help, if your project does not have the right framework for executive involvement, decision-making and risk management. In this seminar talk, we will discuss the essential principles of governance for projects, programs and portfolios.
As a member of ISO/TC258 on projects, programmes and portfolios (PPP), and the designated Canadian subject matter expert to Working Group 2 on governance of PPP, Darya Duma has shared thoughts on this topic with some of the leading minds in project management on the international stage. She will discuss global perspectives on governance of PPP and how these concepts translate to application in case studies.
Darya will also discuss the most recent developments in this evolving area, such as the intended ISO standard and the PMI® practice standard on governance of PPP. This is a senior-level workshop.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
Governance of Projects is suitable for individuals who are:
- Senior Project Managers
- Programme Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- C-level Executives
- Directors and Senior Managers
- Partners and Senior Consultants
There are no prerequisites for this workshop
Part 1 Building Awareness
- Modern project management
- Context of programs and portfolios
- Organizing for projects
- Relationship between corporate governance and governance of projects
- The role of the PM Process
- The role of the Project Management Office
- The role of the Executive Level
- Workshop: PM Policy
Part 2 Project Governance Application
- Governance of projects
- Project portfolio management
- Program management
- Principles of governance of PPP
- Application to case studies
- Workshop: Case study analysis
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain insight into:
- The practices of governance of projects, including their application to programme and portfolio management
- The most current national and international developments in governance of PPP
- The differences between governance practices and PM processes
- Governance roles and responsibilities
- Creating an environment for good governance of PPP
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...