Effective Project LeadershipProcept Associates Ltd.
Effective Project Leadership
All available course dates
Effective Project Leadership
Is it leadership or management that is most needed for successful projects in this century? How can you enhance your own leadership skills and those of your team members?
Leadership is an ability to get things done through others while winning their respect, confidence, loyalty, willing cooperation and commitment. It involves focusing the efforts of a group of people toward a common goal and inspiring them to work as a real team. Successful project managers understand the importance of managing stakeholders through effective leadership and are able to adjust their leadership styles according to the situation.
In a project environment, leading is not necessarily the same as managing. All project managers are not necessarily leaders, but the most effective project managers over the long-term prove to be good leaders as well. Both project leadership and management are important for successful project management. You'll evaluate, improve and refine your leadership skills and discover methods for increasing your total power.
Who should attend?
This 2-day seminar is appropriate for anyone - at all experience levels - who need to lead projects, manage stakeholders, build relationships, negotiate successfully and work with others to achieve results while minimizing unwanted surprises.
There is no prerequisite for this course.
- Project Leadership: Leader versus manager; leadership and the project life cycle; what makes a successful leader and a follower.
- Team Leadership: Three dimensions of team leadership; principled leadership; various leadership styles; situational leadership; the impact of culture on leadership.
- Enhancing Leadership Skills: Evaluating your leadership level and those of your team members using Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI); developing practical strategies to increase your leadership skills to manage your projects effectively.
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Recognize the importance of Human factors in Project Management
- Identify main management functions and understand the difference between the role of a leader versus manager and how leadership is related to the project life cycle
- Recognize important dimensions to improve team leadership
- Analyze various leadership styles and Situational leadership
- Analyze the impact of culture on leadership, communications and teamwork
- Evaluate leadership of your team members and develop practical strategies to strengthen your leadership skills based on Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI)
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...