Change Management Practitioner™ (CMP) Certification - In House
You will examine the application of various change management techniques in different contexts. The two day program focuses on understanding how to apply and tailor change management guidance in a given organizational change situation. A successful Practitioner candidate should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the change management approaches and techniques to a real change initiative; however they may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. His/her individual change management expertise, complexity of the change initiative and the support provided for the use of change management approaches in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve.
This course will further develop some of the knowledge of Change Management learned during the Foundation™ certification. You will consider what learning is required and how best to design and deliver it. Then the course will provide an understanding of how Change Management fits into the project management environment. This course also prepares you for the APMG International Change Management Practitioner™ exam that will be taken on the fifth day. Given that a primary course goal is to achieve both the Foundation™ and Practitioner™ certification, the program textbook will be provided in advance of the program so the participant may begin studying. In addition, daily homework/assignments (minimum of 2 hours a night), and practice quizzes will be provided.
- Developing individuals’ learning to enable change
- Managing change within the project environment
- Delivering sustainable change
- Preparing for the Practitioner exam
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
- Intermediate/Advanced change management specialists
- Those who have successfully completed the Foundation™ exam and would like to achieve Change Management Practitioner™ certification
- Anyone in a role that involves leading, managing, or supporting the change initiative, particularly for those working in organizations wherein a change initiative is being planned or taking place
- Strong understanding of Change Management concepts.
- Successful completion of the Change Management™ Foundation course and APMG International Change Management Foundation™ exam with a pass rate of 50% or higher.
- Mandatory pre-reading: The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook, read the entire book.
- Approximately two (2) hours of study is recommended each evening.
- Course structure
- Course goals and objectives
Learning and Change
- Defining and managing the required learning to enable change
The Project Management Environment
- Understanding the project environment
- Identifying key roles
- Developing a change delivery plan
- How levers enable the adoption of change
- Types of levers (Environmental levers, Leadership levers, and Organizational Development levers)
- Models of adoption and reinforcing systems
Certification / Credits
Credit: 14 PDUs/Contact hours
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Understand the key principles in defining what is to be learned by all involved in a change initiative
- Describe the project environment in which change is governed and delivered
- Understand the organizational “levers”, adoption approaches, and reinforcing systems typically used to sustain change
- Improve your ability to pass the APMG Change Management Practitioner™ certification exam
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...