Change Management in a Project Environment - In House
Managing change is tough! In today’s world, the only constant is change. Many organizations are taking charge to develop their change competency, but there are often limited resources with a complicated approach that separates change efforts from organizational change delivery.
Procept teaches the Vertex model, a simple structured approach to change management that takes a holistic end-to-end view of an entire change project, integrating project and change management planning and execution, providing one consistent view for the sponsors and stakeholders.
This course explains how to create just the right change ecosystem to ensure change success, and addresses the issue of resistance head on. An optional addition is the Certified Change Management Professional (Cert.CMP) exam on the third day of the course, administered by the Project Management Association of Canada (PMAC).
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This course is intended for those working as project managers, project coordinators, team leads and anyone else wishing to develop the skills needed to manage change in their organization or project.
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
Change Management Overview
- Today’s Fast-Paced Changing World
- Ice Breaker: Share Your Change Story
- What is Change?
- Assessing Change Readiness & Project Health Check
- Exercise: Change Story - Weight Measuring Company Change Example
- Holistic Approach: Project & Change Management
- Change Management Work Packages
- When to Start Change Management?
- What is Resistance? Valley of Despair?
- Case Study: Corporate Culture & Change
- Ice Breaker: Family Move Change Example
- Benefits of Successfully Managing Change
- Impacts of Mismanaged Change
- Intro to Vertex & Other Change Management Frameworks
- Exercise: Change Scope Analysis
- Game: Change Rover
- Key Learnings: Change Overview
Phase 1: Change Ecosystem
- Kickoff Phase 1: Build a Change Ecosystem
- icebreaker: Wedding Diet Change Management Illustration
- Change Drivers
- Push vs. Pull
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Intrinsic vs. Extrinsic Motivation
- Top-down vs. Bottom-up Change
- Influences on Change Momentum
- Various Brainstorming Tools That Uncover Change
- Power of Visualization
- Risks of Selling Change No One Wants or Needs
- Personality Strengths & Challenges During Change
- Phase 1 Success Criteria
- Some Final Words of Wisdom
- Exercise: Forbes Magazine Success Story
- Key Learnings: Change Ecosystem
Phase 2: Change Business Case
- Kickoff Phase 2: Define & Sell the Change Business Case
- Key Sections of a Change Business Case
- Importance of Articulating a Clear Change Vision
- Working Session: Create your Change Vision
- Change Scope Assessment
- Working Session: Determine your Change Scope
- Creating SMART Change Goals
- Working Session: Create your SMART Goals
- Identifying Change Sponsors
- Working Session: Identify your Change Sponsor
- Create an Integrated Project Schedule
- Budgetary & Change Team Considerations
- Change Communication Planning
- Working Session: Complete your Communication Plan
- Tips for Presenting your Integrated Business Case
- Phase 2 Success Criteria
- Volunteer Business Case Presentations
- Key Learnings: Change Business Case
Phase 3: Change Execution
- Kickoff Phase 3: Change Execution
- Assign Resources
- Exercise: Key Competencies of a Successful Change Manager
- Striking the Right Pace
- Phase 3 Success Criteria
- Key Learnings: Change Execution
Phase 4: Change Feedback
- Kickoff Phase 4: Change Feedback
- Why Collect Feedback?
- Feedback Mechanisms
- Agile Change Lessons Learned
- Survey Best Practices
- Spinning off New Change Projects
- Working Session: Build a Survey for Your Change
- Key Learnings: Change Feedback
Certification Exam (Optional)
- Vertex Certified Change Management Professional (VCCMP)
Certification / Credits
Credits: 21 PDUs/CEUs
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of managing project change
- Create the right climate for change, build a change team
- Build a powerful future state vision
- Identify key drivers & sponsors
- Identify how different personalities reaction to change
- Identify & manage resistance, how to respond to the Valley of Despair
- Apply the Vertex’s structured change framework on your next project
- Recognize other popular organizational change frameworks
- Achieve your Vertex Certified Change Management Practitioner (VCCMP) with PMAC (optional)
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...