Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
EVMS Compliance: 2-Day Training Course
This EVMS Compliance is a classroom training course offered by PM Express to provide students with an introduction to EVMS (Earned Value Management Systems). Specifically, the course will give an overview of EVMS as a Management Science, the need to earn EVMS value, the history of earned value, as well as the principles and concepts and the relationship of earned value and the SEI, DOD, OMB and PMI.
Furthermore, course delegates will discuss how to organize for EVMS, scheduling issues, cost estimates, resources and work authorization, monitoring and reporting, EVMS and variance analysis, forecasting with EVMS, and EVMS maintenance and control.
Concepts and Methodologies used in Earned Value Management are vital in real-world application in public or private sector projects that are based on the principles set forward the US Office of Management and Budget and the Department of Defense. Thus the course on EVMS is key in enabling course delegates to apply their learned skill set in in project management and the methods for program implementation, planning and control. This encompasses the overall scope, schedule, baseline plan, cost objectives and the application of the techniques earned as the basis for evaluating performance at the actual program implementation. EVMS offers participants a strong foundation for identifying risk, planning, management and CAPA or corrective actions towards achieving a successful program or project.
Who should attend?
This EVMS Compliance training course is best suited for the following:
- Program & Project Managers for Non Defense Government Program, and Technical Staff who use earned value for planning fixed asset as an important component
- Program & Project Managers for Commercial Management, and Team Members of Project who will utilize earned value for existing or future contracts in Government
- Program Managers in Government tasked to implement contracts for Integrated Baseline Reviews on Defense Acquisitions
- Technical Team that is responsible in making reports on C/SCSC and doing Integrated Baseline Reviews
- Project Management Office Members who are fascinated with the implementation of existing EVMS processes
- Project and Program Managers who wants to implement EVMS as tool for management and assessing risk
This training course can also be delivered as private training, on-site training, and weekend training. Inquire for additional information regarding these options.
The content for this EVMS (Earned Value Management Systems) Compliance training course is structured as follows:
- EVMS as a Management Science
- Why earned value?
- History of earned value
- Key concepts and principles
- Earned value and the DOD, OMB, PMI®, and SEI
- Federal Requirements for EVMS
Organizing for EVMS
- C/SCSC and EVMS criteria
- EVMS over the project life cycle
- Defining scope and statement of work
- Work breakdown structure (WBS) and EVMS
- A WBS elements system
- Working at the various level of the WBS
- Risk identification
- Communication planning
- Human Resource planning
- Quality planning
- Gant charts
- Milestone charts
- Network scheduling
- Critical path methodology
- Baseline schedules
- Estimation types
- Estimating effort and duration
- Estimating methodologies
- Single point vs multi-point estimates
- Estimating and risk management
- Setting the budget baseline
Resources and Work Authorization
- Resource planning and the budget baseline
- WBS and resource planning
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM)
- Work Authorization System
Monitoring and Reporting
- The Project Communications Plan
- EVMS definitions
- Control account characteristics and elements
- Planed value
- Earned value
- Actual cost
EVMS and Variance Analysis
- Cost variances
- Schedule variance
- Cost performance index (CPI)
- Schedule performance index (SPI)
Forecasting with EVMS
- Tracking the indexes
- Estimate at completion (EAC)
- Estimate to complete (ETC)
- To complete performance index (TCPI)
EVMS maintenance and control
- Reporting issues and solutions
- Overcoming organizational barriers
- Overcoming contractor resistance
- Change control
Course Outcomes and Credits
Upon successful completion of this EVMS Compliance training course, participants will receive 14 PMI® PDUs (professional development units).
These PDUs can be used towards an individual's Continuing Certification Requirements for their PMP®/PgMP® credentials or as PMI® Contact Hours when applying for such credentials.
The cost of this EVMS Compliance training course is $1,177 + tax per participant. This fee includes the following:
- Course delivery
- Course materials
Provider: PM Express Inc.
PM Express Inc.
PM Express Inc. offers quality services and product to their clients, providing them with the skills, knowledge, and expertise to enhance their business performance. Further, PM Express aims to provide all clients with the necessary preparation for their certification exams such as Project...