On-Demand In-Depth Seminar: Energy Statistical Analysis Seminar and Workshop
This comprehensive Seven module program is designed to provide a solid understanding of key statistical and analytic tools used in the energy and electric power markets. Through a combination of lecture and hands-on exercises that you will complete using your own laptop, participants will learn and practice key energy applications of statistical modeling. Be armed with the tools and methods needed to properly analyze and measure data to reduce risk and increase earnings for your organization.
Learn why companies continue to be exposed to significant energy and electricity related price risk, and how risk and value are properly quantified. Energy and electricity companies worldwide depend on accurate information about the risks and opportunities facing day to day decisions. Statistical analysis is frequently misapplied, and many companies find that "a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing."
This seven module training is designed as a hand-on workshop. Not only will you learn about practical energy statistical techniques and tools, but you will practice building statistical models in a workshop format. A laptop is required.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Among those who will benefit from this seminar include: energy and electric power executives; attorneys; government regulators; traders & trading support staff; marketing, sales, purchasing & risk management personnel; accountants & auditors; plant operators; engineers; and corporate planners.
Types of companies that typically attend this program include energy producers and marketers; utilities; banks & financial houses; industrial companies; accounting, consulting & law firms; municipal utilities; government regulators and electric generators.
Prerequisites and Advance Preparation
This online training program has no prerequisites. No advance preparation is required.
- Module 1: The Basics of Deterministic vs. Probabilistic Thinking for Energy Applications
- Module 2: Applications in Calculating Value at Risk (VaR)
- Module 3: Applications in Hedging Energy Exposure
- Module 4: Applications in Component Risk Analysis
- Module 5: The Energy Forecasting Toolbox
- Module 6: Fundamental Modeling Tools and Simulation
- Module 7: Introduction to Real Options Analysis
Course delivery details
Get the best of both worlds with this blended learning approach.
- Learn at your own pace and on your own schedule as you first enjoy the on-demand seminar presentation. Speed up, slow down, or repeat sections of the presentation. It’s your choice.
- After you complete the presentation join us for one of our regularly scheduled live online Q&A sessions. A calendar of live Q&A dates and times is provided in the program access instructions you will receive You can also email your questions directly to the instructor.
Contact this provider
PGS Energy Training
PGS Energy Training (PGS) is a leading provider of quality seminars for the electric power and energy industries. Established in 1990, PGS offers on-site training programs, open-registration classroom seminars, live online seminars, and private education sessions for senior executives....