Team Leadership - TLSPetroSkills
Team Leadership - TLS
All available course dates
Team Leadership – TLS
This program will develop and refine the skills essential for leading a high performance team. Emphasis is placed on the leader's role in effectively enhancing total team functionality and maximum team productivity. Individual communication styles will be assessed and examined to identify the most appropriate communication style to use with your team. This will be an active experience. In addition to receiving individual assessment information, participants will be exposed to team concepts, theories, and skill development through the use of lectures, videos, readings, role plays, case studies, and discussions. This course has been constructed to maximize opportunity to improve both knowledge and practical skills in leading a team and being a team player. (This is a great course to attend immediately following PetroSkills' course titled: Leading and Managing Others.) In addition to this program designed specifically for Team Leaders, PetroSkills has a 2-day course titled: Team Building for Intact teams.
"The instructor is very well versed, and has complete understanding of what he is teaching. The course is very good." - Sr. Field Drilling Superintendant, United States
Who should attend?
Team leaders, supervisors, managers, and others responsible for leading a team and interested in establishing and/or being a part of a highly productive team.
- Definition and purpose of teams
- Characteristics of a high performance team
- Gaining clarity of goal and worthiness
- Developing a team charter
- Gaining commitment; Team collaboration and trust
- Establishing operational norms
- Stages of team development
- Team roles and relationships
- System influences
- Conditions for effective team building
- Individual and team assessments
- Team communications
- Group dynamics
- Developing a personal team leadership plan
- Monitoring team progress
- Developing a team leadership action plan
Certification / Credits
You will learn:
- Characterize high performance teams
- Gain clarity of goal and worthiness
- Develop a team charter
- Gain commitment
- Build team collaboration and trust
- Establish operational norms
- Recognize stages of team development
- Define team roles and relationships
- Understand system influences
- Promote conditions for effective team building
- Conduct individual and team assessments
- Improve team communications
- Improve group dynamics
- Develop personal plans to improve team effectiveness
- Foster team leadership
- Monitor team progress
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...
Contact this provider
Average rating 4Based on 1 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...