Stuck Pipe Prevention -- Train Wreck Avoidance™ - SPP
The Stuck Pipe Prevention Train Wreck Avoidance workshop provides the most comprehensive coverage in the industry for understanding and preventing the underlying causes of Stuck Pipe, Wellbore Instability, Loss Circulation, and other sources of non-productive time (NPT) in drilling operations. The workshop also focuses on correct responses by individuals and teams, early warning signs, and minimizing the impact to drilling operations. Through world-class presentations, practical discussion, and the best reference and instructional materials available, participants hone their knowledge of basic drilling technology and how it relates to avoiding NPT.
"Marc displayed a well-versed knowledge of the material." - Participant, United States
"Liked all the topics related to hole cleaning." - Senior Drilling Engineer, Argentina
Who should attend?
Entire drilling and completions team, including operator, drilling contractor, and service companies. Agendas are typically customized to address topics relevant to the team.
- Stuck Pipe Prevention
- Rock mechanics
- Wellbore stress
- Wellbore instability
- Trend recognition
- Hole cleaning
- Differential sticking
- Wellbore geometry
- Tripping practices
- Fishing practices
Certification / Credits
- Stages to world class supply management
- Many increased skill sets in supply management
- Organizing the spend profile
- Greater abilities in leading continuous improvement programs
- Ways in dealing with economic uncertainties
- Questions for internal surveys to enhance purchasing performance
- How to develop a "Purchasing Coding System"
- Steps in the development of a Composite Purchase Price Index
- How to get more time to work on strategic issues
- Critical steps in negotiation planning and strategies
- To understand the elements of cost that make up a supplier's price
- Categories that should be included in a purchased materials/services strategic plan outline
Average rating 4
Liked all the topics related to hole cleaning.
Marc displayed a well-versed knowledge of the material.
Animations are very helpful, stuck pipe laminated handout, liked that we had time to go through all the topics in the binder.
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...