Relief, Flare, and Depressurization Fundamentals
This skill module extends the learning from the corresponding Core module to the Fundamental level. There are quantitative and non-quantitative exercises, and proposed applications at the example facility. There will be two interactive sessions that will include discussions of applications developed by the course participants.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Facilities/process engineers, as well as engineers and operations staff involved in process safety and asset integrity.
You will learn how to
- Size a relief valve for vapor service
- Size a relief valve for liquid service
- Describe how to calculate the relief load due to full bore failure of a heat exchanger tube
- Calculate inbreathing and outbreathing for atmospheric tanks
- Identify the key sizing parameters for flare headers and depressuring systems
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...