Process Safety Engineering Principles - PSE - Virtual, Blended Course
The Process Safety Engineering Principles Blended Program provides an overview of process safety engineering fundamentals for hydrocarbon processing facilities. The focus of this course is on the engineering/design aspects of Process Safety Management. Frequent reference is made to historical incidents and recurring problem areas. Techniques for analyzing and mitigating process safety hazards applicable to oil and gas processing will also be reviewed. This program integrates the concepts covered to achieve a measured approach to Process Safety Engineering.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Anyone who has to deal with concepts of process safety engineering, including facilities engineers, process engineers, design engineers, new safety/loss engineers, project engineers, operations supervisors, maintenance supervisors, and representatives from insurance companies or regulatory agencies
- This course is comprised of the following skill modules (Approx. 4 Hours Each):
- Process Safety Risk Analysis & Inherently Safer Design
- Process Hazards Analysis & Layers of Protection Analysis Techniques
- Leakage & Dispersion of Hydrocarbons
- Combustion Behavior of Hydrocarbons
- Sources of Ignition & Hazardous Area Classification
- Specific Plant Systems & Equipment
- Relief & Flare Systems
- Historical Incident Databases, Plant Layout, & Equipment Spacing
- Fire Protection Systems
- SIS, Monitoring, & Control
Certification / Credits
- Types of equipment and process systems that have historically been problematic in the Upstream and Midstream oil and gas industry
- Basics of risk analysis
- Thinking in terms of Inherently Safer Design
- Most common process hazard analysis methods and where they are used
- Layers of Protection concept - what the different layers are and how they are applied
- Detection and mitigation methods for different types of hazards
Average rating 5
"The course had good quality and the content covered many interesting and relevant areas. It is very good to be able to study at your own pace."
"Great course - I got a lot from it."
"I really enjoyed this course and this type of online offering. I was able to take it at my leisure, and when an issue came up with work I was able to take a week off from this...
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...