Piping Systems - Mechanical Design and Specification - ME-41
This intermediate level course for engineers and piping system designers reviews the key areas associated with the design of piping systems for oil and gas facilities. The course is focused on four areas: codes and standards, pipe materials and manufacture, piping components, and piping layout and design. Applicable piping codes for oil and gas facilities (ISO, B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, etc.), pipe sizing calculations, pipe installation, and materials selection are an integral part of the course. The emphasis is on proper material selection and specification of piping systems.
"Instructor very knowledgeable and helpful. Great stories and great emphasis on safety. Great course material (it's good that a book is supplied in addition to the slides for more details)." - Participant, Egypt
"I enjoyed this course and learned a ton. Very impressed with quality of instructor and his scope of knowledge." - Leak Detection Engineer, United States
Who should attend?
This PetroSkills training course is ideal for mechanical, facilities, plant, or pipeline engineers and piping system designers who are involved in the design of in-plant piping systems for oil and gas facilities.
- Piping codes and standards (ANSI/ASME, API, ISO)
- Pipe materials and manufacturing
- Basic pipe stress analysis methods
- Valves and actuators
- Welding and non-destructive testing
- Line sizing basics (single-phase and multiphase flow)
- Pipe and valve material selection
- Piping layout and design
- Manifolds, headers, and flare/vent systems
- Non-metallic piping systems
- Operations and maintenance considerations of facilities and pipelines
Certification / Credits
- To apply piping system codes and standards;
- About line sizing and layout of piping systems in various types of facilities;
- How to specify proper components for process and utility applications;
- To compare alternative materials of construction;
- The process of steelmaking, pipe manufacturing, and material specifications;
- Joining methods and inspection techniques;
- Key considerations for flare and vent systems, including PSV sizing
Average rating 4.1
"I enjoyed talking about plant seperation equipment and processes. That's probably because this section was the most applicable to my role."
"I appreciated how the course addressed both the design aspect as well as the maintenance and inspection aspects of equipment."
"I think the example problems were really good and helped reinforce the material. I also liked that the instructor had a lot of real world experience to help ground the materials."
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...