Petroleum Project Management: Principles and Practices - PPM
Successful petroleum operations need a blend of technology, business savvy, and people skills. If you have a firm grasp of exploration or production technology, boost its impact by applying project management techniques. Running a staged program that integrates reservoir modelling, production estimating, drilling, and facility design is challenging. The tools and techniques covered in this course will help you meet that challenge.
Upon completion, you will know how to:
- Make better decisions in field development that lead to high value and low cost
- Develop integrated plans to run the overall program
- Develop key deliverables for each stage of development to reduce uncertainty
Instruction, guided discussions and in-depth work tasks are used. You may choose a case study from several real-life situations that are based on the instructor's petroleum experience. Or you may bring the details of one of your own current programs.
"Lecturer was very passionate to teach and answer our questions." - Project Coordinator, Japan
Who should attend?
Exploration and production personnel with a background in geoscience, petroleum engineering or drilling should attend. If you are a facilities engineer, we refer you to our Project Management for Engineering and Construction (FPM22) and Project Management for Upstream Field Development (FPM2) courses.
- The staged development process
- Scope definition
- Scheduling tools
- Manpower resources
- Finding and mitigating risks
- Learning, continuous improvement, and quality control
- Project team management
- Petroleum case studies and exercises
Certification / Credits
- Navigate the staged development process;
- Manage the interfaces among exploration, drilling and facility groups;
- Properly define a scope of work;
- Create a realistic, integrated schedule;
- Find and reduce petroleum development risks;
- Develop a high-performance team;
- Capture lessons learned
Average rating 4.2
Instructor was knowledgeable and easy to learn from. His enthusiasm for the subject kept the course interesting.
Liked the mix and balance between presentation and exercises.
In general, there are many take-away points. i.e. knowledge database, soft skills, philosophy of project scheduling.
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...