In this skill module, you will learn about Earth structure and plate tectonics; types of rocks, the rock cycle, clastic, biogenic, and chemical source sedimentary rocks; historical geology depositional environments; and global vs. regional stratigraphy.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Those who need to achieve a context and understanding of E&P technologies in conventional and unconventional fields, and/or the role of technical departments in oil and gas operations, and/or be able to understand and use the language of the oilfield.
You will learn
- The Earth's structure, continental drift, and plate tectonics role in oil and gas exploration
- Rock types and classification in an oil and gas context
- The relationship between depositional environments and geological settings
- The importance of historical geology to finding oil and gas accumulations
- The relative age of rocks and how we date the rocks and understand the paleo climate
- The relationships between global and regional stratigraphy
Skill module Content
- Earth Structure and Plate Tectonics
- Rock Classes and Depositional Environment
- Historical Geology
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...