Overview of Subsea Systems - SS-2
An overview of subsea components and how they are integrated into field architecture is provided during this five-day course. Individuals will develop a basic understanding of the various subsea components used in all water depths, from shallow to ultra-deep water. The participants job productivity will be accelerated by learning how the components are combined and integrated into subsea field developments. Installation and flow assurance are emphasized as key drivers in subsea design. The course emphasizes a systems approach to design. Individual and group exercises are used throughout the course, including a case study to develop field architecture recommendations, basic component selection, and high level project execution plans for a subsea development. Course instructors are experienced offshore manager.
"Overall, a very well delivered and enjoyable course. As someone new to the industry, I found the level of the course was pitched just right." - Process Engineer, Netherlands
"I learned a lot about subsea design considerations and trade-offs. Great instructor!" - Facilities Engineer, United States
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more infromation
Who should attend?
Technical staff who are beginning or transitioning into the design, construction, and operation of subsea systems. Non-technical staff working with a subsea development team will benefit by developing an awareness of subsea systems.
- Applications for subsea systems
- Flow assurance considerations in system design and configuration
- Field architecture considerations
- Subsea component descriptions and functions
- Fabrication, testing, installation, commissioning, and operational issues
- Production, maintenance, and repair considerations
Certification / Credits
- Recognize the integrated nature of field architecture, system design, and component selection
- Identify appropriate applications for subsea systems
- Identify the main subsea components, their functions, strengths, weaknesses, and interfaces from the well to the production facility
- Understand key design, construction, and installation issues
- Describe basic operating and maintenance considerations
- Understand the key steps, from drilling through startup, for the design, fabrication, testing, installation, and operation
- Understand the importance of an integrated approach to design, flow assurance, installation, and life-cycle considerations
Average rating 4.1
Relaxed format with lots of discussion, diverse background of participants, effective and engaging instructor.
The interaction between the different perspectives was incredibly useful.
Liked contents of course/sharing lessons learnt.
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...