Instrumentation Selection for Oil and Gas Applications (General)
This skill module introduces the learner to the field of instrumentation and control in the oil and gas industry.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Facilities and Project Engineers as well as newly graduated Electrical, Controls and Instrument Engineers (0-5 years) with a need to improve basic understanding of instrumentation and control systems within oil and gas facilities.
You will learn how to
- Identify fluid properties as they relate to instruments selection in the oil and gas industry.
- Describe the material selection criteria in instrument selection.
- Gain guidance on some of the material compatibility requirements within the industry
- Discuss the operation of switches, relays and solenoids
- Describe the basic principles underlying the 4-20 mA instrument signal control loop
- Describe typical instrumentation documentation
- Describe the three main types of instrument connections"
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...