History Matching and Reservoir Optimization - HMRO
This course is designed to cover state-of-the-art techniques/workflows for history matching geologic and reservoir models for both conventional and unconventional reservoirs. The course will discuss manual and assisted history matching methods and also, inverse modeling techniques and the pros and cons of the methods.
The production/history data can be in the form of pressure or rate transient tests, tracer tests, multiphase production history, or interpreted 4D seismic information.
Field examples will be presented to illustrate the current state of the art and limitations. The use of history matched models for optimizing reservoir development and management strategies will be discussed. These include: optimal infill well-placement, rate optimization/well allocation for maximizing sweep efficiency, and optimizing well completions in unconventional reservoirs.
Who should attend?
Practicing geoscientists and engineers performing geologic modeling, reservoir simulation, and optimization studies. Participants are expected to have basic knowledge and/or experience related to geologic modeling and reservoir simulation.
PetroSkills - World's No. 1 Training Provider for the Oil & Gas Industry
PetroSkills is the leading professional education provider for the Petroleum Industry, with the largest classroom training portfolio for technical and management operations in this sector. In North America, PetroSkills' programs are delivered at important business hubs for the industry, around...
Training Course Content
You will learn how to:
- Recognize the difficulties and sources of error in history matching
- Define the current state of the art in history matching and the limitations of various techniques for both conventional and unconventional reservoirs
- Apply theory of streamlines and streamline-assisted history matching for waterflooding
- Understand the background and theory of commercially available assisted/automatic history matching tools and algorithms
- Apply concepts of experimental design/response surface/surrogate models for history matching
- Use learnings from case studies for a systematic procedure for history matching and well placement optimization in a mature field, well rate optimization/allocation in a mature field, and well completion optimization for an unconventional reservoir
- Use static modeling for history matching: permeability predictions, facies identification, and upscaling
- Recognize new and ongoing developments in history matching
- Use commercial tools for history matching
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team