Heat Transfer Equipment - PF-43
This course reviews the selection, basic design, and operation of heat transfer equipment commonly used in the oil and gas industry, with focus on E&P production facilities. Heat transfer equipment discussed will include shell and tube exchangers, compact heat exchangers, brazed aluminum exchangers, air coolers, and fired equipment (fire-tube and direct-fired).
Who should attend?
Engineers and senior operating personnel involved in the design, specification, or operation of heat transfer equipment.
- Typical process heating and cooling applications
- Fluid properties
- Heat transfer principles
- Shell and tube exchangers
- Compact heat exchangers: plate-frame, printed circuit, welded plate
- Brazed aluminum exchangers
- Air coolers
- Fired equipment (furnace type and fire-tube)
- Operating problems
- Typical instrumentation control schemes
Certification / Credits
- How to select the correct heat transfer equipment for a particular application with reference to typical facility process flow diagrams (PFDs);
- To apply heat transfer principles to design and specify heat transfer equipment;
- How to evaluate the performance of heat transfer equipment and recommend solutions to problems;
- About the typical instrumentation and control schemes used by the various types of heat transfer equipment
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...