Gas Treating and Sulfur Recovery - G-6
This course emphasizes process selection, practical operating issues, technical fundamentals, and integration of the sweetening facilities into the overall scheme of gas processing. Sulfur recovery and tail gas processes are also covered, including standard Claus configurations, SuperClaus, EuroClaus, SCOT, etc.
Special design and operation topics, such as trace sulfur compound handling and the importance of H2S:CO2 ratio, are covered as well.
Related topics reviewed during the course include liquid product treating, corrosion, materials selection, and NACE requirements.
Who should attend?
PetroSkills - World's No. 1 Training Provider for the Oil & Gas Industry
PetroSkills is the leading professional education provider for the Petroleum Industry, with the largest classroom training portfolio for technical and management operations in this sector. In North America, PetroSkills' programs are delivered at important business hubs for the industry, around...
Evaluation and selection of processes to remove acid gases (H2S, CO2, COS, CS2, mercaptans, etc.) from gas and NGLs
The advantages and disadvantages of available gas treating technology and processes
How to estimate solvent circulation rates, energy requirements, and equipment sizes
To recognize and evaluate solutions to common operating and technical problems
Sulfur recovery technologies, including an overview of the Claus Sulfur process
How to select among the proper sulfur recovery process given differing process conditions
Tail gas cleanup
Training Course Content
- Fundamentals of sour gas processing, sweetening, etc.
- Overview of gas treating and sulfur recovery, terminology
- Gas specifications and process selection criteria
- Generic and specialty amine treating
- Common operating and technical problems
- Proprietary amine solvents, such as Sulfinol and Flexsorb
- Carbonate processes
- Physical absorption processes, e.g. Selexol
- Metallurgical issues (corrosion)
- Other technologies and new developments
- Selective treating, acid gas enrichment
- Solid bed and non-regenerable treating; scavengers
- Liquid product treating; Sulfur recovery processes (including degassing)
- Tail gas clean-up (SCOT-type, CBA, and others)
- Acid gas injection
- Emerging and new technologies; Course workshop and summary
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team