Gas Production Engineering - GPOPetroSkills
Gas Production Engineering - GPO
All available course dates
Gas Production Engineering - GPO
Learn the latest methods for calculating gas well performance from reservoir to sales. Reservoir performance covers the fundamentals of reservoir gas flow and details the best methods for testing wells, according to the time and money available. Reserve calculations and diagnostic testing from production data are covered. The importance of flow regime and non-Darcy flow on test design and interpretation is emphasized for new wells and for the possibility of improving the performance of older wells. Also discussed are performances of tight formations, horizontal wells, fractured wells, and methods for estimating gas reserves. Participants will learn to calculate and determine the effect of each system component on total well performance, which permits optimum sizing of tubing, flowlines, separators, and compressors. Problem-solving sessions allow participants to evaluate field problems. Participants receive complimentary software at the end of the course.
In the May virtual session, participants will have live, instructor-led sessions 08:00-12:00 Western Austalia Time (GMT +8:00) on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each week, with additional material to be worked outside of the virtual classroom.
In the October virtual session, participants will have live, instructor-led sessions 08:00-12:00 US Central Time (GMT -5:00) on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each week, with additional material to be worked outside of the virtual classroom.
"The practicality of the course was great. Great examples and step by step procedures." - Production Engineer, United States
"Best PetroSkills course I've taken. Accessible theoretical concepts behind some every day production engineering aspects." - Production Engineer, United States
Who should attend?
Production, reservoir and facilities engineers, and others involved in gas production, transportation, and storage including field supervisors.
- Gas properties: real gas behavior equations of state, impurities, mixtures, phase behavior dew point, retrograde behavior, flash calculations; classifying gas reservoirs
- Reservoir performance: gas well testing flow after flow, isochronal, stabilized inflow performance; turbulence and skin effects; perforation effects; tight well analysis; horizontal wells; hydraulically fractured wells
- Reserve calculations: P/Z plots, energy plots, water influx, abnormal pressure effects; diagnostic testing based on production data
- Flow in pipes and restrictions: pressure loss tubing, flowlines, chokes, safety valves; effects of liquids-liquid loading, liquid removal methods, multiphase flow correlations; erosional velocity
- Compression: types of compressors; compressor selection reciprocating and centrifugal; effects of variables; capacity and horsepower
- Total system analysis: tubing and flowline size effects; perforating effects; relating deliverability to time; evaluating compressor installations; analyzing injection wells
- Flow measuring: orifice metering design, accuracy, troubleshooting; other metering methods
- Condensate reservoirs: reservoir types - wet gas, retrograde; reserve estimates, laboratory simulation; gas cycling
- Field operations problems: interpreting P/Z plots; hydrate formation
Certification / Credits
- Apply proven techniques to field problems which increase profitability
- Calculate gas well performance from the reservoir to the sales line
- Optimize gas well production
- Relate reservoir and well performance to time
- Predict when a well will die due to liquid loading
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...
Contact this provider
Average rating 4.2Based on 11 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...