Drilling Practices - DPPetroSkills
Drilling Practices - DP
All available course dates
Drilling Practices - DP
The two-week course is designed for engineers and field personnel involved in the planning and implementation of drilling programs. The seminar covers all aspects of drilling technology, emphasizing both theory and practical application. Drilling is a complex operation requiring the marriage of different technologies and disciplines. Today's drilling personnel must have a working knowledge of all these disciplines in order to effectively drill a well. The course provides all the fundamentals necessary to drill a well whether it is a shallow well or a complex, high pressure well. Computer programs are used to design many aspects of the modern well and the course will provide the participants with the theory behind most programs along with practical implementation. Participants are required to bring a scientific calculator. For in-house courses, the instructors of this course will accept examples from your company for analysis in the class as one of the demonstration exercises. Please contact PetroSkills Training for a list of the information and support data required, as well as the necessary lead-time.
"The instructor made the course. Clearly an experienced, qualified engineer." - Petrotech Engineer, United States
Who should attend?
Drilling supervisors, drilling engineers, toolpushers, managers and technical support personnel.
- Planning including requirements for the completion and testing, AFE preparation
- HSE at the rig site
- Cost control, evaluating alternative drilling methods and maximizing penetration rate
- Hole cleaning, sloughing shale, lost circulation, stuck pipe and fishing operations
- Drilling fluids
- Lifting capacity of drilling fluids, pressure losses in the circulating system and ECD
- Maximizing hydraulics in the planning phase and at the rig
- Bit selection and application
- Casing and drill string design, selection of casing seats, BOP equipment
- Cement, cement additives and displacement mechanics
- Deviation control, directional drilling and horizontal drilling
- Pressure control, routine and special problems
- Project post analysis
Certification / Credits
- Review drilling data and plan the well
- Incorporate completion plans into the drilling plan
- Drill a well cost effectively and maximize penetration rate
- Evaluate stuck pipe problems and avoid potential problems
- Evaluate and maintain drilling fluids
- Optimize hole cleaning
- Design casing, drill string and BOP/wellheads
- Evaluate and implement cementing programs
- Design and implement bit and hydraulics programs
- Incorporate directional drilling and deviation control
- Recognize and evaluate well control problems
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...
Contact this provider
Average rating 4Based on 6 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...