Drilling Fluids Technology - DFT
This course is designed for engineers and field personnel involved in the planning and implementation of drilling programs. The seminar covers all aspects of drilling fluids technology, emphasizing both theory and practical application. Hands-on laboratory exercises are included in the five-day Houston sessions. Drilling is a complex operation requiring the marriage of different technologies and disciplines.
Today's drilling personnel must have a working knowledge of the drilling fluid in order to effectively drill a well. The course provides the fundamentals necessary to drill a well, whether it is a shallow well or a complex, high pressure well.
Who should attend?
PetroSkills - World's No. 1 Training Provider for the Oil & Gas Industry
PetroSkills is the leading professional education provider for the Petroleum Industry, with the largest classroom training portfolio for technical and management operations in this sector. In North America, PetroSkills' programs are delivered at important business hubs for the industry, around...
You will learn how to:
- Use clays and polymers to achieve desired mud properties
- Apply water chemistry to the treatment of drilling fluids
- Perform complete water-based fluid as well as non-aqueous fluid tests using API Recommended Practice 13B/ISO 10414-1*; Evaluate and apply the results of an API drilling fluids report to maximize drilling operations and minimize non-productive time
- Identify critical drilling fluid contaminants and prescribe corrective treatments for effective drilling fluid management
- Calculate the chloride concentration of the drilling fluid in order to maintain wellbore stability
- Select non-aqueous fluids to meet drilling requirements and environmental concerns
- Manage non-aqueous drilling fluid systems
- Minimize formation damage to optimize well producibility
- Evaluate options for drilling fluid waste management*Based on laboratory availability
Training Course Content
- Composition and properties of water-based drilling fluids
- Analysis of API water-base mud and non-aqueous drilling fluid report
- Identification and treatment of drilling fluid contaminants
- Composition and properties of water-based and non-aqueous drilling fluid systems
- Selection of water phase salinity for borehole stability
- API water-based and non-aqueous drilling mud tests*
- Adjustment of non-aqueous drilling fluid properties
- Managing invert emulsion fluid systems: rig preparation and displacement
- Non-aqueous drilling fluids designed for environmental compliance*Based on laboratory availability
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team