Decline Curve Analysis and Empirical Approaches Fundamentals
This skill module applies basic statistical methods to solve a range of common challenges in reservoir engineering. The emphasis will be on decline curve analysis and curve fitting to measured data such as relative permeability, as an example.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Reservoir engineers and other professionals tasked with performing basic reservoir engineering functions.
- Exponential, Hyperbolic, and Harmonic decline curve application
- Transient vs. Pseudosteady State declines
- Effect of crossflow on the performance of layered reservoirs
- Using water-cuts, oil cuts, and water-oil ratios to calculate oil recovery
- Special consideration for gas reservoirs
- Decline curves for low permeability reservoirs
- Variation on the least-squares methods for curve fitting
- Common pitfalls for decline curve analysis
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...