Corrosion Management in Production/Processing Operations - PF-22PetroSkills
Corrosion Management in Production/Processing Operations - PF-22
This course will cover the main causes of corrosion in upstream oil and gas operations, as well as monitoring and mitigation methods. The various corrosion mechanisms give rise to a number of different forms of corrosion damage, which will all be considered.
Participants will estimate the corrosivity of a given environment through analysis of the chemical and physical characteristics of the system; review approaches to selecting materials and coatings for corrosion resistance for different conditions and applications (including the use of NACE MR0175/ISO 15156); and be introduced to cathodic protection (CP) surveys, selecting the CP system type, estimating current requirements, and the design principles of simple cathodic protection systems.
The participant will learn how to select and utilize corrosion inhibitors for different systems, and how to select and apply corrosion monitoring techniques to create an integrated monitoring program.
Who should attend?
Managers, engineers, chemists, and operators who need to understand corrosion and its control management in oil and gas production and processing.
PetroSkills - World's No. 1 Training Provider for the Oil & Gas Industry
PetroSkills is the leading professional education provider for the Petroleum Industry, with the largest classroom training portfolio for technical and management operations in this sector. In North America, PetroSkills' programs are delivered at important business hubs for the industry, around...
- The basics of corrosion chemistry
- The main corrosion mechanisms occurring in oil and gas production/processing systems
- The different types of damage caused by corrosion
- Materials selection for corrosion prevention
- Some methods for conducting cathodic protection (CP) surveys
- Items to consider in corrosion inhibitor selection
- Key advantages and disadvantages of the various corrosion monitoring methods
- Where the main locations of corrosion concern occur within oil production systems, gas processing facilities (including amine units), and water injection systems
Training Course Content
- Fundamentals of corrosion theory
- Major causes of corrosion (O2, CO2, H2S, microbiologically influenced corrosion)
- Forms of corrosion damage; Materials selection
- Protective coatings and linings
- Cathodic protection
- Corrosion inhibitors
- Corrosion monitoring and inspection
- Corrosion in gas processing facilities
- Corrosion in water injection systems
- Corrosion management strategy and life-cycle costs
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team